1. Bike ride on the beach – Bikes and E-bike rentals available at Hilton Head Outfitters, which boasts the island’s largest fleet. The network of bike trails at Palmetto Dunes conveniently connects with nearly 50 miles of paved public pathways and nature trails blazed by the Town of Hilton Head Island. You can book your bike rentals in advance online and have a hassle-free delivery (Please note delivery is only available from the south end of the island up to Port Royal).
2. Hilton Head Island Seafood Festival – Saturday Main Event - The 16th Annual Seafood Festival main event will take place at Shelter Cove Harbour and Marina on Saturday, February 25, 2023. There will be samplings from a variety of food and beverage vendors, along with live entertainment from music to celebrity chef cooking demonstrations, wine, beer and cocktail seminars, and more. For more information and to purchase tickets, please visit HiltonHeadSeafoodFestival.com.
3. Music and Taste – Locals and visitors alike can dance the night away on Thursday nights enjoying Spring & Fall “Music & Taste on the Harbour” — a Hilton Head Island seasonal tradition — at Shelter Cove Harbour & Marina. The event features favorite local bands, tasty food and drinks, and all the dancing you can do. Learn more about Music & Taste on Shelter Cove Harbour and Marina’s website.
4. HarbourFest – Tuesday night Fireworks, Shannon Tanner, Cappy the Clown, vendors, and more! Take a fireworks cruise at Shelter Cove Harbour & Marina or a 2-person catamaran tour during fireworks to make it an unforgettable experience.
5. Take a surf lesson. Hilton Head Outfitters rents surf boards and offers surfing lessons for the entire family. Hilton Head’s one-to-two-foot waves are perfect for learning how to surf. Click here to learn more about booking your next surf lesson or call 844-826-6866 to schedule a private lesson.
6. Take a pickleball lesson with director of pickleball instruction Sarah Ansboury, a five-time national champion professional. Racquet Sports Industry Magazine named the Palmetto Dunes Tennis & Pickleball Center as the 2020, “Pickleball Resort of the Year,” while Ansboury was tapped as the “PPR Member of the Year.”Sarah has built an exceptional program to help advance her students’ abilities and the sport itself. To learn more about scheduling a lesson, visit the Palmetto Dunes Pickleball lessons & clinics page here.
7. Take a tennis lesson with Director of Tennis Instruction Eric Wammock. Tennis Magazine ranks Palmetto Dunes among “The 50 Greatest U.S. Tennis Resorts,” with more courts than anywhere on the island, year-round play, instruction available for all skill levels. To learn more about scheduling a lesson, visit the Palmetto Dunes Tennis lessons & clinics page here.
8. Take a golf lesson with former PGA tour pro Doug Weaver. One of Golf Digest’s “Top Ten Instructors in South Carolina,” Doug and his staff of teaching professionals provide hands-on instruction to guests with proficiency and patience at the Palmetto Dunes Golf Academy, which offers a variety of instructional programs for golfers of all skill levels.
9. Play a round of golf at the Robert Trent Jones Oceanfront Course. Only Mother Nature could improve the signature par-5 10th playing out to the Atlantic Ocean before you play back around and over the unique 11-mile lagoon system, where fishing and kayaking rule the waterways. And don’t forget to stop by Big Jim’s Restaurant in the clubhouse about 10 minutes after you finish the 18th hole and watch the “delayed cam” footage of your finish on their bar-side TV screen.
10. Kayak the 11-mile lagoon system of calm waterways that border the resort’s golf courses to enjoy the resort’s beauty from a different angle — as well as some healthy exercise. To book your single, double kayak or three-person canoe, visit Hilton Head Outfitters website.
11. If you’re staying at Palmetto Dunes Resort, grab a drink at the Dunes House, a laid-back beach bar and restaurant where guests enjoy food, drinks and fun with spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean. Please note, that the Dunes House is for Palmetto Dunes residents and guests with a valid car pass. You can explore view the menu and Dunes House calendar online.
12. Enjoy a cooking demonstration or a Wine Dinner at Alexander’s, one of Hilton Head’s most popular, upscale seafood restaurant and wine bars, featuring seasonally-inspired cuisine, locally-caught seafood and many locally-sourced ingredients. The menu pays tribute to many classic Lowcountry and Alexander’s favorites such as Shrimp and Grits and Wiener Schnitzel. Browse Alexander’s website to learn more about their events and make a dinner reservation on your next vacation.
13. Start your journey together with a memorable beach wedding at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort. Palmetto Dunes Events offers a variety of venue options for weddings, rehearsal dinners and receptions. From the ceremony on the beach to catered receptions throughout the property, Palmetto Dunes is the perfect destination for your Hilton Head Island beach wedding. You can request a wedding proposal and start planning your perfect day by getting in touch with our Catering & Events Manager today.
14. Stop for ice cream and an HHI souvenir at the Palmetto Dunes General Store. Also at the resort’s iconic General Store, parents can purchase gift cards for their children to use during their stay at Palmetto Dunes. If you happen to take an ice cream group photo or selfie tag us on Instagram at @pdgeneralstore or Palmetto Dunes General Store Facebook page.
15. Take a dolphin tour and explore the beautiful waterways of Hilton Head. Learn all about dolphins’ social behavior, feeding habits, and much more on Dolphin Seafari’s pontoon, which can hold up to 20 guests (Available March 1). Create a one-of-a-kind memory on a Sunset Dolphin and Fireworks Cruise (Select Tuesdays during the summer).
16. Catch a fish! Choose an in-shore or off-shore fishing charter. Hilton Head Outfitters offers catch-and-release lagoon fishing for the entire family, while Shelter Cove Harbour & Marina features a wide variety of charters, including nature cruises, dolphin tours, sport crabbing and fishing. Browse Shelter Cove Harbour and Marina’s website here and start finding your next family adventure out on the water!
17. Spend the day at the beach, bring a boogie board or build a sandcastle. Palmetto Dunes features three miles of Atlantic Ocean beach on one side and an Intracoastal Waterway marina, Shelter Cove Harbour & Marina on the other.
18. The Native Son’s Adventure Cruise or Tiki Boat Tour are a fun way for the whole family to get out on the water! The adventure cruise, you’ll have the chance to see egrets, herons, osprey, bald eagles, pelicans, bottlenose dolphins, and maybe even sharks. And enjoy a crabbing adventure about the Crabber J.The tiki boat is equipped with – comfortable couches, a Bar style table with great seats and lots of shade, diving platform, floats to relax on and a paddle board so you can hang with the dolphins!
19. Spend a day shopping and dining at Shelter Cove Harbour and Marina with some of the beloved merchants including Pure Salt Studios, Pastry at HHI Social Bakery, Tacos at San Miguel’s, Ice Cream at Frosty’s, and more. To view the full list of restaurants and shops, click here.
20. Play a round at Toptracer Range at the Robert Trent Jones course. Remaining on the cusp of golf technology, Palmetto Dunes became the first resort in the entire southeast to open a Toptracer Range. Guests experience interactive golf entertainment powered by the same technology in televised PGA Tour events to track the shots of the game’s best players. The enhanced facility features 15 covered, outdoor bays with high-speed cameras, TV monitors, technology and games. Casual seating, drinks and food service are available during specific times of day. Booking your bay in advanced is highly encouraged.
21. Shop your heart out at our Southern Tide Signature Store located across from the iconic Neptune statue at Shelter Cove Harbour & Marina. Southern Tide offers coastal charm and laid-back lifestyle products for men, women and children. Visit SouthernTideHiltonHead.com for more information or call the store at 843-686-9160.
22. Make memories and book family beach portraits with Memory Lane Portraits. Enjoy the special memories of a professional family photo on the beach during sunrise. Schedule a session online with Memory Lane Portraits today.