Current Business Hours
- Hilton Head Outfitters & Bike Rentals is currently open from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Please note that bike and beach rentals are maxed out for reservations and delivery through at least Sunday, July 19, 2020. Walk-up rentals for bikes, beach rentals, kayaks and canoes are currently available. Please submit a form here with any urgent matters, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Future bookings may be made online here.
- Vacation Planners are available by phone 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. every day.
- The Welcome Center (and vacation rental maintenance & housekeeping) is open daily from 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- The Dunes Buggy is currently operating and will run seven days a week from 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. with new safety and sanitary measures put into place. Please visit the PDPOA website for more details.
- The Palmetto Dunes Tennis & Pickleball Center is now open while implementing social distancing guidelines. No towels will be provided and water fountains will be turned off. Lessons & clinics are currently running as usual.
- All three Golf Courses: Jones, Hills & Fazio are open. All golf clinics are canceled until further notice. Private lessons are available.
- Alexander's Restaurant & Wine Bar is open 5 p.m to 9 p.m. Make a reservation here.
- Big Jim's is open regularly 7 a.m. - 9 p.m. with indoor & outdoor seating, take-out and curbside pickup. Social distancing guidelines put into place. Please call 866-420-4478 to place your order. You can order online here as well. Family platters & specials available! Free delivery for orders over $50 within Palmetto Dunes Resort.
- The Arthur Hills Grill is open 7 a.m. - 4 p.m. for take-out only. Call 843-785-1191 to place your order.
- The Fazio Grill is open 7 a.m. - 4 p.m. for take-out only. Call 843-785-1291 to place your order.
- The Dunes House is open 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. with outdoor seating only, weather permitting. Located on the beach at mile marker 83. Live music Monday - Friday. Click here for more information including the menu and monthly calendars. The Dunes House parking lot is open and for property owners and resort guests with passes only. Sorry, we do not accept reservations. Walk-ins only.
- Shelter Cove Marina is open 7 a.m. - 9 p.m. while cleaning boats and equipment with soap and bleach at or above the CDC recommended mixing ratios. The marina Ship's Store is regularly cleaning with disinfectants. Employees are regularly cleaning their hands with soap and hot water to keep them as well as customers safe. Be sure to check our Shelter Cove Harbour & Marina Updates page here.
- The Palmetto Dunes General Store is open daily from 6 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Event Postponements & Cancellations
- 2020 HarbourFest Fireworks shows (including 4th of July) and entertainment by Shannon Tanner & Cappy the Clown have been cancelled for the summer due to the COVID-19 pandemic, crowd size limitations, social distancing requirements and overall safety concerns.
- The Hilton Head Island Art Festival, originally postponed to Labor Day Weekend, has been cancelled.
- The APP Pickleball Tournament has been rescheduled for October 22 - 25, 2020. Registration is still open.
- Monday Night Tennis & Pickleball Center Exhibition and the Tuesday Demo Days have been canceled until further notice. Check back here for updates.
- Monday Golf Exhibitions are canceled until further notice. Check back here for updates.
- Pickleball Social Events are canceled until further notice (Ladies Day Social, Men's Night Social, Mixed Doubles Social, Match Skill Challenge and Dink Wars).
Revised Cancellation Policy
We’ve updated our cancellation policy to allow for more flexibility during this unprecedented time. Our regular policy of requiring at least 30 days advanced notice on villas and 60 days on homes has been lifted but we ask that guests first consider moving their vacation rental to another date. If this is not possible we will work with the guest on holding their reservations funds to a later date when that can be made or refund the amount minus the $75 cancellation fee. We know how important a beach vacation can be right now and want to make every effort with guests to ensure they’ll be able to visit in the near future. We are here and ready when you are able to travel again.
A Message from our Chief Operating Officer, Brad Marra:
As Palmetto Dunes begins our phased re-opening of operations, we wanted to reaffirm our unwavering commitment to ensure the safety of all guests, staff and vendors.
We have implemented numerous COVID-19 safety protocols. These include enhanced cleaning and sanitizing procedures, as well as adjusted hours of operations. We’re following safety guidelines on spacing configurations to promote social distancing. Our employees are screened before each shift and equipped with training and face masks where appropriate.
As you plan to travel in the future, we look forward to exceeding your expectations and delivering an unsurpassed vacation experience in a warm, welcoming and safe environment. We value each guest that honors us with a visit to Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort and we look forward to seeing you soon. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to call us at (888) 909-9566.