Resort Operations Status 4/3/2020
We strongly believe that the health and
well-being of our residents physically, emotionally and economically is the #1
priority of our community. With this being said we will not be accepting any new reservations now through Thursday, April 30th. We understand that in these unprecedented times,
it is critical that residents feel safe in their own community.
We appreciate your consideration and will do everything within our purview to ensure that any remaining guests adhere to the town’s shelter-in-place mandate should it be enacted, but hope that our voluntary decision will give comfort to those concerned about exposure from out of town guests and lessen the need for tighter restrictions that place undue burden on our workforce and their families.
Current Business Hours
- Vacation Planners are available by phone 7 a.m. - 5 p.m. every day.
- Our Welcome Center (and vacation rental maintenance & housekeeping) is open 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday - Friday and 9 a.m. - 7 p.m. Saturday & Sunday.
- All three Golf Courses, Jones, Hills & Fazio are open select days. All golf clinics are canceled through May 1. Private lessons are still available. Course closures (this includes course, pro shop and grill):
Fazio closed April 4, 6, 11, 14 & 19
Hills closed April 8, 10, 12, 15, 21 & 29
- Big Jim's is open 7 a.m. - 9 p.m. for take-out or to go. Please call 866-420-4478 to place your order. You can order online here as well. NEW FAMILY PLATTERS available! Free delivery for orders over $50 within Palmetto Dunes Resort.
- Easter To Go now available from Big Jim's. Place your orders online here or call 877-306-4757. View menu.
- The Arthur Hills Grill is open 7 a.m. - 4 p.m. for take-out only. Call 843-785-1191 to place your order.
- The Fazio Grill is open 7 a.m. - 4 p.m. for take-out only. Call 843-785-1291 to place your order.
The Dunes House is open 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. for take-out only. Call 843-686-9646 to place your order. The Dunes House parking lot is now closed.
- Shelter Cove Marina is open 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Be sure to check our Shelter Cove Harbour & Marina Updates page here. Select activities are available for parties of 6 or less.
- The Palmetto Dunes General Store is open 5 a.m. - 10 p.m. Sunday through Saturday.
- Please read this announcement regarding Hilton Head Island beaches.
- Hilton Head Outfitters & Bike Rentals is closed until further notice.
- Palmetto Dunes Tennis & Pickleball Center is closed until further notice.
- Alexander's Restaurant & Wine Bar is closed until further notice.
- The Omni Hotel located inside Palmetto Dunes Resort will be closed Sunday, March 29 through June 1.
Event Postponements & Cancellations
- The APP Pickleball Tournament March 19 - 22 has been moved to October 22 - 25, 2020. Registration is still open.
- Monday Night Tennis & Pickleball Center Exhibition and the Tuesday Demo Days have been canceled. Check back here for updates.
- The March Ansboury Academies are canceled. Please contact the Tennis & Pickleball Center for questions at 888-926-8784.
- Monday Golf Exhibitions are canceled until further notice. Check back here for updates.
- Spring Music & Taste on the Harbour at Shelter Cove Harbour & Marina has been canceled.
- The first three scheduled Turtle Trot Races have been canceled (April 1, April 8, and April 15) and will resume on June 10.
A Message from our Chief Operating Officer, Brad Marra:
On behalf of our entire family at
Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort, I want to assure you that the health and
safety of our employees, guests and community remains our top priority.
We appreciate your continued patronage. Whether you are an owner in our community or a local or visit us through out the year, we value your relationship with us.
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation evolves, we are taking significant precautionary measures and adhering to recommendations from public health officials, as well as continuing to maintain our high standards of cleanliness throughout the resort and community.
First and foremost, our thoughts are with all those who have been affected by the virus. We continue to carefully monitor the COVID-19 situation with regular updates and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, as well as additional government agencies and health care providers. We are also working closely with our partners throughout the resort community.
As part of our commitment to your health and well-being, our team members conduct rigorous cleaning of all facilities (both public and back-of-house spaces) several times throughout the day. Further, we follow exhaustive cleaning, sanitation, and disinfection protocols that meet or exceed extensive industry guidelines. These protocols, which assist with illness prevention, include:
- Regular sanitation training and reinforcement for our team members.
- Clearly established cleaning and disinfection cycles for all areas.
- Fast response to off-cycle cleaning issues.
- Frequent cleaning and wash down of outdoor and high touch locations.
- Given the current concerns related to COVID-19, we are increasing our cleaning, sanitation and disinfection frequency.
We are reinforcing with our employees the recommended precautionary steps from the CDC to prevent the spread of germs. These guidelines include:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover a cough or sneeze – preferably with a disposable tissue.
- Avoid touching your face – especially your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects.
- Stay home if you have flu-like symptoms.
We are taking the
necessary steps to be prepared should this issue become a more significant
concern in and around the South Carolina Lowcountry. Palmetto Dunes will
implement preventive measures in
line with the recommendations of the CDC and other health agencies. Based on
the guidance we've received and our general state of preparedness, we are
confident our operations continue to be safe and ready to serve our guests. We
are collaborating with health and government officials, in order to be prepared
to take whatever steps may be necessary to ensure the safety of our guests and
We look forward to exceeding your expectations and delivering an unsurpassed vacation experience in a warm, welcoming and safe environment.
We value each guest that honors us with a visit to our destination and we look forward to seeing you soon. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to call us at (888) 909-9566.